Evangelical Lutheran Women
Our Evangelical Lutheran Women (ELW) Mission Statement
We are a Christ-centred community of women committed to nurturing our faith and spiritual strength to enable us to be people of God in mission.
Our Womens’ Group
· Is called a congregational ELW or Co-ELW group. With our monthly grace gifts (offering) we are an important part of the Kitchener Waterloo Conference and a vital member of the ELW in Canada.
· Meets monthly – the second Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m.
· Shares laughter and one another’s burdens.
· Grows together through bible study and interesting speakers.
· Receives many local community requests for assistance.
Two of the church’s major fund raises happen through the auspices of ELW (i.e. a Spring Garage Sale and a Christmas Bazaar). These events bring in several thousand dollars.
With donated dollars, we
remember our senior shut-in members by preparing and distributing Christmas
We are involved globally through our National ELW in an African village called Chamanculo. We give support to AIDS HIV victims and help them cope with poverty.
Please consider joining our women’s group. We look forward to seeing you! Bring us your ideas.
· Nov. 10 Regular meeting – Bazaar planning
o starting 2010 planning
packing of “we care” hygiene kits for Lutheran World Relief
Nov. 28 Church Bazaar from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00
p.m. This event needs everyone’s help to be successful starting with set up on
Nov. 27 at 1:00 p.m.
Judy Bradshaw: co-ordinator (519) 621-0794.
Dec. 8 Basket Delivery Day at 11:00 a.m.
and Christmas program including Pot Luck supper at 6:00 p.m.
Marlene Mercer: co-ordinator (519) 623-4736.